Monday 4 February 2013

Picnic at Drouin

My husbands parents have moved to the cute little country town of Drouin which is a tad more than two hours from Melbourne's CBD.
We braved the long car trip to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and just getting together and were even lucky enough to spend time with my husbands grandparents who were visiting from Bermagui.
What better way to catch up than having a lovely relaxed picnic at a local park, watching the kids play, munching on divine carrot cake and whiling away the afternoon in the sun with the wonderfully Australian past time of "kickin' the footy".
 
 
 
 
 
 
OK, so I did manage to squeeze in a visit  to the towns three op-shops. As if I would pass up those little treasure troves. And I did manage to scoop up a few lovelies. Of course.
 
 
An adorable vintage pink wool cardigan and a vintage faux fur collar.
 
 
Look at that sweet floral detail.
 
 
Blue is not a colour I tend to be drawn towards but isn't this pale blue necklace just the daintiest shade.
So, I managed to bring home my haul of cardigan, fur collar, necklace, a skirt and shoes for $15.
 
Aren't country op-shops just the greatest?

No comments:

Post a Comment