Friday 28 December 2012

And the zombie's shall inherit the earth.

 
I love motivational prints - found on pinterest here.


Wasn't the earth supposed to end on the 21st of December?
Those doomsday tricksters gave me a right scare. Not only did I have to prepare for the mammoth undertaking of Christmas, then the bloody end of the world had to be thrown in the mix aswell.
So I prepared for, what I could only assume, was going to be the zombie apocalypse. I hoarded chocolate and biscuits (enough for atleast 3 hours if we rationed them), educated myself with all of the zombie movies and TV shows I could gather (actually quite a vast collection as I loooove watching  a good bit of undead zombie hijinks) and made an inventory of all the zombie killing tools at my disposal( knitting needles? Bic razor? Large french bread stick?). I have even taken part in the Melbourne zombie shuffle to become one with my enemy and learn their weaknesses.
 
Its not wrong to expose my 6 year old to blood and gore is it? Nah, I didn't think so either.
 
When the world didn't implode or suddenly turn in to a crazy blood orgy of flesh eaters it wasn't that I wasn't happy and delighted to live another day, it was just that I was, well, a bit disappointed that I couldn't utilise the expansive set of skills that I had acquired.
Oh well, I'm sure that my zombie knowledge will hold me in good stead one day, and until that day comes I will further my studies with such excellent learning material as Zombie Strippers and Sean of the Dead. Because, as we all know, the zombies shall one day rise......
 
Image found via pinterest or here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment